• 1

Expanded In-State Undergraduate Tuition

In-State Tuition for Non-Mississippi Residents

Do you know you can attend a high-caliber public university in Mississippi as an undergraduate student, without paying out-of-state fees?

We invite you to visit the historic campus of The W in Columbus, Miss., and learn more about our outstanding academic programs and student leadership opportunities.

Tuition WaiversWe've been ranked one of the top public regional universities by U.S. News and World Report, Washington Monthly Magazine, and Online College Database.


Who qualifies?

Contiguous States:

Residents of Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Tennessee meeting admissions requirements and maintaining satisfactory academic progress.


All students who have active or veteran military status, including spouses and dependent children. Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress for continued eligibility.

Students Near Completion of a Degree:

All students who have earned a total of 90 or more credit hours as verified by the Office of the Registrar. Students must have been out of school for a minimum of 2 years. Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress for continued eligibility.

Children and Grandchildren of Alumni:

Undergraduate non-resident students who are children and/or grandchildren of active members of the MUW Alumni Association. Students must meet admissions requirements for initial award and maintain satisfactory academic progress.

Academic Programs:

Mission specific academic programs specifically identified by MUW. Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress for continued eligibility.


How you get the waiver?

Apply to The W. (It's free to apply!) Once you have been accepted, you will get notification confirming this award. To continue receiving the award, all you have to do is maintain satisfactory academic progress. It's that easy! Contact the Office of Admissions for more information.

What a great opportunity to expand your horizons! Learn more about The W >


Academic Common Market

Are you interested in a bachelor's degree in Legal Studies or Culinary Arts, but the program isn't offered in your state? You may qualify for the Academic Common Market.

Academic Common MarketFor more than 35 years, the Southern Regional Education Board's (SREB) Academic Common Market has enabled students to pursue out-of-state college degrees at discounted tuition rates, through agreements among the states and colleges and universities.

Who qualifies?

Residents of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or West Virgina. Must select a program that is eligible to residents of your home state. [Check available programs here] You must complete the admissions process at The W. You will also need to be certified as a resident of your home state, by contacting the Academic Common Market coordinator for your state.

Find out more about SREB's Academic Common Market.