In-State Tuition for Non-Missississippi Residents

Do you know you can attend a high-caliber public university in Mississippi as an undergraduate or graduate student, without paying out-of-state fees?

We invite you to visit the historic campus of The W in Columbus, Miss., and learn more about our outstanding academic programs and student leadership opportunities.

Tuition WaiversWe've been ranked one of the top public regional universities by U.S. News and World Report, Washington Monthly Magazine, and Online College Database.

Who qualifies?

In Alabama:

Residents of Fayette, Lamar, Pickens, Tuscaloosa, Baldwin, Jefferson, Mobile, Shelby, and Walker counties who meet minimum admission requirements and maintain satisfactory academic progress. This waiver also applies to graduate students.

In Tennessee:

Residents of Fayette, Shelby and Tipton counties who meet minimum admission requirements and maintain satisfactory academic progress. This waiver also applies to graduate students.

In Another State or Country:

We want the brightest students in the world to shine at The W! Any incoming freshman with a 3.0 GPA and a score of 21 on the ACT, or any transfer student with a 3.0 GPA and 48 transfer credit hours from a community college, can receive a waiver on out-of-state fees. This waiver also applies to international students.

How you get the waiver?

Apply to The W. (It's free to apply!) Once you have been accepted, you will get notification confirming this award. To continue receiving the award, all you have to do is maintain satisfactory academic progress. It's that easy! Contact the Office of Admissions for more information.

What a great opportunity to expand your horizons! To learn more about MUW, click here.

Children of The W Alumni

Undergraduate students who are children of non-resident graduates of The W qualify for out-of-state fee waivers. Students must meet admissions requirements and maintain satisfactory academic progress.

Academic Common Market

Are you interested in a bachelor's degree in Legal Studies or Culinary Arts, but the program isn't offered in your state? You may qualify for the Academic Common Market.

Academic Common MarketFor more than 35 years, the Southern Regional Education Board's (SREB) Academic Common Market has enabled students to pursue out-of-state college degrees at discounted tuition rates, through agreements among the states and colleges and universities.

Who qualifies?

Residents of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or West Virgina. Must select a program that is eligible to residents of your home state. [Check available programs here] You must complete the admissions process at The W. You will also need to be certified as a resident of your home state, by contacting the Academic Common Market coordinator for your state.

Find out more about SREB's Academic Common Market.

1100 College Street Columbus, MS 39701phone: 662.329.4750 or 877.462.8439