Ready for the Readiness Standards in Mathematics (CCRS-M) Summer Institute
June 1-June 28, 2017
Follow up dates are September 30, 2017, and February 24, 2017
A professional development workshop hosted by Mississippi University for Women and funded by The Improving Teacher Quality Grant Program (Federal NCLB grant) and administered by Mississippi Institutes of Higher Learning (IHL)
Why should you participate in CCRS-M?
Students today are digital natives. They prefer collaboration in class and online; the desire to learn on the fly, accessing answers to questions as their curiosity dictates and they enjoy active and challenging learning experiences.
Mississippi’s College & Career Readiness Standards for Mathematics address the needs of today’s students. They also emphasize the 21st century skills that students will need to compete for jobs in our global society. These include:
- critical and creative thinking skills
- meaningful technology use
The overall goal of the Summer Institute is to assist middle school mathematics teachers in developing technology-rich instructional modules, strategies and standards-based lesson plans that are aligned with Mississippi’s College & Career Readiness Standards for Mathematics.
Become a leader in creating 21st century educational environments!
Who will participate?
- Twenty middle school mathematics teachers from the local area will participate.
- Participants are being recruited from the Columbus, Lowndes County, Louisville, Noxubee, and West Point School Districts.
- The instructors for the institute will include professors from MUW’s College of Arts, Sciences, & Education, as well as MUW’s Instruction Technologist.