MUW Speech & Hearing Center
The Speech & Hearing Center is located on the beautiful and historic Mississippi University for Women campus at the corner of 9th Street South and 6th Avenue South.
The MUW Speech and Hearing Center provides speech, language, and audiology services, within our capabilities, to all ages in the regional area.
Services offered include:
- Activities related to the prevention of communicative disorders.
- Activities related to the early identification of communicative disorders.
- Evaluations to identify the existence and parameters of disorders.
- Consultations with clients (or designated other) regarding their communicative disorder.
- Therapy as needed.
- Referrals to other agencies as needed.
A speech, language, or hearing evaluation identifies problem areas in communication. Services are available with a speech-language pathologist for individuals with speech-language problems and with an audiologist for individuals with hearing problems.