Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Canvas. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading. Available for Windows, Mac and iOS.
Respondus LockDown Broswer Instructor Video Tutorials
|Overview||Preparing an Exam|
Steps For Using Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
The following steps and resources will help you begin using LockDown Browser and Monitor.
1. Provide Student's Installion Link for LockDown Browser
Provide your students the installation link for LockDown Browser and Monitor. Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor Link
2. Provide Student's System Requirements for using Monitor
Use Respondus Monitor for non-proctored exams. Students can check their computer before using Respondus Monitor. System Requirements
3. Turn on the LockDown Browser setting
Use the following guide to enable LockDown Browser only. LockDown Instructor Quick Start Guide
4. Provide An Overview for LockDown Browser and Monitor for Your Students
|Respondus LockDown and Monitor|
5. Use Respondus LockDown in Canvas to view student webcam videos
Use the following guide to view student webcam videos. View LockDown Browser Webcam Videos
For further student resources, direct students to the Online Learning page.