Respondus Monitor® is a companion product for LockDown Browserthat enables institutions to protect the integrity of non-proctored, online exams.
Students use their own computer and a webcam to record assessment sessions, all without leaving the institution's learning management system.
Ensure your first exam using Respondus Monitor runs smoothly! Have students take an ungraded practice quiz that requires the use of LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor, before taking a graded exam.
Leave the quiz available for the duration of the course, with unlimited attempts, so students can check their setup from a different computer.
Getting Started Videos (Instructor)
The following brief videos will help you prepare yourself or your students to use Respondus Monitor with online exams.
|Respondus Monitor Overview||Preparing Your Exam||Student Overview|
- Instructor Quick Start Guide
- Student Quick Start Guide
- Lockdown Browser and Monitor System Requirements
- Information to add to your Syllabus (Word File Download)
Instructor Steps For Using Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
The following steps and resources will help you begin using LockDown Browser and Monitor.
1. Update your Syllabus to include Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor Instructions.
2. Create your quiz in Canvas as your normally would.
3. Turn on the LockDown Browser setting for each quiz that you wish to use LockDown Browser or Monitor with:
Use the following guide to enable LockDown Browser only. LockDown Instructor Quick Start Guide
4. Always create a Practice Quiz for Students to use Respondus Monitor for the first time. A syllabus quiz is a good option.
5. Paste the following video into your course to give the students a video about Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor:
For further student resources, direct students to the Online Learning page.