What’s required for admission to the Culinary Arts Program?
- Students must first be admitted to The W. Admission is granted based on grade point average and ACT or SAT score.
- Transfer students are accepted based on the rating of the college from which they transfer, type of program pursued, and work completed at the college level.
- Graduates of accredited junior/community colleges who transfer must earn at least 50 percent of semester hours required for a degree at a senior institution, 25 percent of which must be at The W, before becoming eligible for any degree—regardless of the number of hours accepted in transfer.
- Nontraditional students may be admitted as non-degree seeking students and may register for up to 12 hours a semester.
- See http://web3.muw.edu/admissions for more information; or call Admissions toll free at 1-877-462-8439.877-462-8439
What special tools will you need?
We get you ready for a professional kitchen!
- Students enrolled in food preparation course must supply their own knives, books, and uniforms. All may be purchased at the on-campus bookstore. Students should plan to have these items by the first week of class.
- Our required uniform includes a logo hat and jacket, pants (you choose your style) and shoes.
Are there Out-of-State Fees?
The W does have out-of-state tuition for students who are not residents of the State of Mississippi; however, the Bachelor of Science in Culinary Arts and the Bachelor of Technology in Professional Studies qualify for the Academic Common Market (ACM) in many states. This means you may be able to qualify for in-state tuition, even if you live in another state! Find out more about the Academic Common Market and other out-of-state fee waivers.