The Educational Leadership Program is designed to prepare school leaders.· Graduates of this program will be eligible to apply for the Mississippi K – 12 Administrator's License.· Coursework focuses on instructional leadership, ethics, understanding change, data analysis to influence decision making, and the challenges facing schools of the 21st century.· Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years K – 12 teaching experience.· Applications for this cohort program are received each spring.· A new cohort begins study each summer.
General Admission Requirements:
- A completed Graduate Application form.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work from each institution attended, including MUW transcripts. Transcripts must verify that the applicant received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited four-year institution and that the applicant has a minimum 3.0 overall GPA on a four-point scale for undergraduate studies.
- Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Test scores may not be more than five years old at the time of application.
- Three letters of professional recommendation stating the applicant's qualifications for graduate work from persons (excluding family members and MUW employees) who have personal knowledge of the applicant's academic/work performance.
- An immunization form showing proof of two doses of measles vaccines and one of rubella. See the Graduate Bulletin for more details.
- A $25 application fee, payable to MUW Graduate Studies.
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- Three years teaching experience
- Application Portfolio
Tuition & Costs:
Financial Aid & Assistantships:
Financial aid is available to part-time and full-time students seeking a degree after acceptance to the program. For more information, please call the Financial Aid Center at 662-329-7114.
If you are a licensed public school teacher in Mississippi and in need of financial assistance, please contact the financial aid office of the Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) for information on the Graduate Teacher Reimbursement Scholarships (GTS). 1-800-327-2980 or 601-423-6997 or www.ihl.state.ms.us
Information on the course for this program can be found in the Graduate Bulletin.