This program is designed for licensed teachers who wish to attain certification in gifted studies. Gifted Studies coursework and practical experiences are designed to prepare the graduate student to recognize and meet the unique cognitive and affective needs of gifted students.
General Admission Requirements:
- A completed Graduate Application form.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work from each institution attended, including MUW transcripts. Transcripts must verify that the applicant received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited four-year institution and that the applicant has a minimum 3.0 overall GPA on a four-point scale for undergraduate studies.
- Three letters of professional recommendation stating the applicant's qualifications for graduate work from persons (excluding family members and MUW employees) who have personal knowledge of the applicant's academic/work performance.
- A $25 application fee, payable to MUW Graduate Studies.
Tuition & Costs:
ED 516 - Understanding Gifted Populations
ED 517 - Methods, Materials, & Resources for Teaching the Gifted
ED 552 - Curriculum Development
ED 595 - Program Development and Evaluation
ED 598 - Internship in Education
Applying to the Program
(662) 329-7365 or 1-877-462-8349 ext 7365
Visit the Department of Education page