Making the transition to college, and making a connection to campus life once you are there, can be a frightening prospect.
Choosing to live on campus can help ease the transition to life on your own, jump start your social life, and help you meet many new and diverse individuals. As an on campus resident, you will be more plugged-in to the campus community and have more opportunities to join clubs, attend campus events, meet new people and develop friendships.
In addition, you will be closer to your classes, the library, and many other campus resources.
Unlike off-campus living, the residence halls provide you with a unique living environment in which all of your neighbors are students just like you. There are many great reasons to live on campus. Here are the Top Ten!
1. Live Smart
National studies show that students who live on campus tend to earn better grades, are more satisfied with their college experience, and are more likely to graduate than those who live off campus.
2. Live Close When students live on campus they don’t have to waste time sitting in traffic, searching for parking or filling up on gas. Facilities are all within walking distance from on-campus residence halls.
3. Live Safe Safety and security are emphasized on-campus. The MUW Police Department and Housing & Residence Life staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
4. Live Cheaper At first glance it might seem less expensive to live off campus. But, when you consider all the costs (rent, food, gas, electricity, water, trash, phone, cable, Internet, furniture, etc) living off campus can be expensive. It’s not only cheaper to live on-campus, it’s also easier because everything is covered in one convenient bill.
5. Live Connected Campus housing costs include cable TV and high-speed wireless. In addition, Housing & Residence Life offers a movie channel that features new released movies each month.
6. Live Supported Student and professional staff are available to assist students with personal and academic concerns as they adjust to being away from home.
7. Live with Community Living on campus gives students more opportunity to join clubs, go to activities, meet new people and make friends. It’s an experience unlike any other.
8. Live and Learn On-campus housing offers students the opportunity to live in a “living/learning” community that complements their educational experience. This living community provides mentoring opportunities, study groups, and numerous programs.
9. Live How You Choose The W has different housing options to choose from to accommodate our student’s varying needs.
10. Live it Up! Don’t just go to school, experience college. Don’t miss out on all The W has to offer.
Housing & Residence Life
Cochran Hall, 2nd Floor1100 College StreetMUW-1626Columbus, MS 39701Phone: (662) 329-7127
1100 College Street Columbus, MS 39701phone: 662.329.4750 or 877.462.8439