Sowing for Success
School/Community Center Garden Program
The purpose of the Passport to Wellness Sowing for Success program is to provide schools in Lowndes County (public, city and county, and private) and community centers (with youth programming) in Lowndes County, the opportunity to enhance student’s knowledge of diet and nutrition by providing financial assistance towards a school or community garden or an extension to a current garden. $5,000 will be awarded to up to three schools or community centers.
Guidelines to be considered for funding:
- School or community center must be located in Lowndes County, MS
- Must show this project will be a collaborative effort between school/community center and community
- Has a plan for integrating the garden into the life of the school or community center
- Educational programming using the garden must be a part of the proposed plan
- Provides a realistic budget to achieve project goals
- Plan for sustaining the garden after the grant funding ends is clearly outlined
Award application will be available on November 1st.