General Facility Policies
All individuals must present a current MUW ID, Campus Recreation membership card, or purchase a guest pass to gain entry to the facility. ID cards are non-transferable. ID presented by someone other than the rightful owner will be confiscated.
Members will be allotted three courtesy passes per semester for forgotten or misplaced ID.
Campus Recreation staff reserves the right to request identification at any time.
Participation in Campus Recreation activities is voluntary and at your own risk.
The Recreation Center is a family-friendly environment. Participants are expected to observe all posted signage and verbal directions provided by Campus Recreation employees and act respectfully.
Those engaging in irresponsible behavior, interfering with employee duties, using foul language, or exhibiting behavior indicative of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol may have their access to facilities suspended or revoked.
Appropriateness of attire is the discretion of the Campus Recreation staff. Participants should observe proper dress code requirements posted in activity areas.
Please report injuries, sickness, facility maintenance, or equipment problems to Campus Recreation staff immediately.
Except in case of emergency, participants must enter and exit the Recreation Center through the main entrance. Membership privileges of individuals entering or exiting through alarmed doors may be suspended or revoked.
Personal belongings should be secured in lockers or cubbies. Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
Children 12 years of age or younger: must be directly supervised by a parent or legal guardian at all times, and are restricted from the Strength and Conditioning Room at all times.
Members 13 – 15 years of age: must have a parent or legal guardian in the facility throughout their entire visit to the facility, and are restricted from the Strength and Conditioning Room.
Members 16 – 18 years of age: may access the facility unsupervised by presenting a valid photo ID with date of birth upon check-in.
- Photography and recording devices (unless prior permission is granted by Campus Recreation)
- Smoking and smokeless tobacco
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Bicycles, strollers, in-line skates, cleats, and skateboards
- Pets (except guide animals assisting disabled individuals)
- Listening to personal music without headphones
- Posting announcements, flyers, posters, etc. in areas other than designated bulletin boards
Activity Area Policies
The television is available for everyone’s use. Volume and channel control can be adjusted upon request at the Customer Service Desk.
Television program selection is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Programs that may be offensive will not be permitted.
The Xbox, Wii, and games are available for check-out at the Customer Service Desk.
Lounge furniture may only be moved by Campus Recreation employees.
Jumping and standing on furniture is not permitted.
Sitting on the pool tables is not permitted.
Food and beverages are permitted and are to be disposed of properly.
Shoes must be worn at all times.
Requests for volleyball and badminton equipment setup will be accommodated when possible.
Disassembling or moving equipment is strictly prohibited.
Hanging on the net or rim is prohibited.
Water and sports drinks are allowed in a re-sealable, non-breakable containers.
Personal belongings must be stored in a locker or cubby. Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
Full-court basketball in the Pohl gymnasium may be altered to half-court basketball at the discretion of Campus Recreation employees.
Basketball games in the Stark gymnasium are limited to half-court games only.
Natatorium and Sun Patio
Appropriate swimwear is required. Street clothes, gym shorts, T-shirts, thongs, and see-through swimwear are prohibited. Appropriate swimwear is at the discretion of Campus Recreation employees.
Swimmers are required to shower before entering the pool.
Children 12 years old or younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian while in the natatorium.
Children 7 years old or younger must be accompanied in the water by a parent or legal guardian. Lifeguards may require
an adult to be in the water with older children who are deemed weak swimmers.
Personal locks may be used on all lockers. Locks are available for purchase at the Customer Service Desk.
Children ages 6 and older may not enter the opposite gender locker room.
Personal articles must be secured in a locker. Bathroom stalls are not to be used as personal storage areas; unattended items will be confiscated.
The use of cell phones is prohibited in the locker room.
- Day lockers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- All personal belongings and locks must be removed before leaving the facility each day.
- Locks left on lockers after closing will be cut off and personal items removed and disposed of after 90 days.
- Six month and annual locker rentals available in the Membership Office.
- Workout and bath towel rentals are available in the Membership Office.
- Lockers must be renewed or contents removed by the last day of a locker rental contract.
- Contents left in expired lockers will be removed and disposed of after 90 days.
Eye protection is strongly recommended. Eye protection and racquets are available for checkout at the Customer Service Desk.
Racquetballs are available for purchase at the Customer Service Desk.
Activities other than racquetball or handball are prohibited on the courts unless prior permission is granted by Campus Recreation Staff.
Unreserved courts are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for one hour or until the next reservation.
Reservations can be made no more than 24 hours and no less than one hour in advance by call the Customer Service Desk at 662-241-7494.
Court reservations begin and end on the hour.
Partners may not reserve courts in consecutive time slots.
Clean, non-marking, closed-toe athletic shoes are required.
Strength and Conditioning
Health and Kinesiology classes have priority on equipment use when class is in session.
Free weight equipment must remain in the Strength and Conditioning Area.
Participants using free weights are strongly encouraged to have spotters and use collars.
Participants must return all bars, plates, and dumbbells to their proper location after use.
Stretching and floor exercises are limited to designated mat areas.
Use of the facility and equipment is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Wipe down equipment after use. Do not spray machines directly with cleaning solution.
Equipment use should be limited to 30 minutes when other participants are waiting.
Allow others to work in when performing multiple sets. A maximum of 4 people are allowed to share a piece of weight equipment
- Participants under the age of 16
- Leaving belongings on the fitness floor
- Personal training conducted by anyone other than Campus Recreation employees
- Use of equipment other than its designated function
- Power lifts (e.g. clean, clean-jerks, snatch)
- Leaning weights and equipment against walls, columns, or mirrors
- Standing on equipment, benches, frames, or weights
- Stacking weights under equipment
- Top loading
- Slamming or dropping weight stacks, plates, or dumbbells
- Cell Phone + Bluetooth use
The track direction changes daily; please follow the posted directional arrow.
Runners and joggers use the outside lanes; walkers use the inside lane.
Faster runners have the right-of-way. Passing should take place in the outer lanes.
Clean, non-marking, closed-toe athletic shoes are required.
Personal belonging must be stored in a locker or cubby. Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
11 laps equal one mile.
- Standing or loitering on the track
- Using the track as an observation deck (exceptions may be made in advance for special events)
- Horseplay, racing, etc.
- Bringing accessory equipment to the track (e.g. weights, balls, etc.)
- Using the rails for stretching