The W is for Everyone
One of the goals of the Student Success Center (SSC) is to ensure that students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to learn and to express their knowledge. It is the policy and practice of The W to comply with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and other federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of disability.
Who is eligible for services?
Students enrolled in degree and non-degree programs at The W, who meet all university program requirements, and who meet the definition of disability are eligible for services. A person with a disability is defined as any person who "...has a physical, emotional, or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more of life's major activities; has a record of disability or is regarded as having a disability"(P.L. 101-136).
What are students' responsibilities?
- To identify themselves to the Student Success Center to initiate the accommodations process by filling out an accommodation request form
- To provide the Assessment Coordinator with recent documentation of the disability from a professional qualified to make a diagnosis
- To submit a copy of the accommodations plan to each professor from whom accommodations will be requested
- To request specific, approved accommodations from professors in a timely manner
- To maintain academic requirements of the university