Official emergency alerts and weather information will now be shared through the new W Alert Twitter account, @TheWAlert.
The university’s official Twitter account, @MUWedu, will continue to post W Alerts for a limited time. We encourage all faculty, staff, and students to follow @TheWAlert to receive timely and accurate information in the event of emergency or dangerous situations. After following the account, be sure to click the bell on your mobile device to receive notifications when tweets are posted.
If you have not signed up to receive W alerts via text message, Follow these steps:
1. In a web browser, go to MUW’s home page, www.muw.edu.
2. Click on the Banner Web icon on the top right hand side of the home page.
3. Enter your Banner ID (user ID) and pin then click the “Login” button.
4. Click the “Personal Information” tab on the left hand side of the page.
5. Click on “W Alert Text Messaging Opt In/Out.
6. Enter your cell phone number with area code and select “Opt-In” as Participation Level.
7. Then click the “Submit” button.